- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
The science and technology of contact lens design is continually evolving. Today's contact lenses are available in a variety of materials and correct a greater number of vision impairments than ever before. Whether you're a new contact lens wearer or you've been wearing them for years, we can help you determine the right contact lenses for your vision and lifestyle.
Contact Lens Material Types:
- Soft- flexible plastics that allow oxygen to flow through to the cornea
- Rigid Gas Permeable- rigid, durable plastic that allows oxygen transmission
- Hybrid- stable, rigid center with a soft outer skirt
Contact Lens Design Types:
- Spherical- corrects for myopia (nearsightedness) and hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Toric- corrects for astigmatism in addition to myopia and hyperopia
- Multifocal- corrects for presbyopia (age-related inability to focus on close objects)
- Keratoconus- corrects for vision problems caused by corneal degeneration
- CRT- rigid lenses worn overnight that allow for un-aided clear vision throughout the day
- Specialty- customized lenses based on an individual's vision and health needs